Is the The Tree in Manhattan yet? Nope but that won’t stop the crowds from gathering around Rockefeller Center now that the election results were announced and some voters are not pleased with the winning candidate. Since The Tree gets coverage in the news (and even on TheTreeNYC.org), the area has become a great place to protest or at least pass through on a march.
Will that hamper things for the arrival on Saturday? Things should be more calmer then plus with law enforcement’s help blocking off traffic.
Speaking of traffic, the following streets will be closed Friday (Veterans Day) from 10:00 AM to to 6:00 PM for the parade so avoid the area should you drive.
* Broadway between 23rd Street and 25th Street
* 26th Street between Broadway and 5th Avenue
* 27th Street between Broadway and 5th Avenue
* 28th Street between Broadway and 5th Avenue
* 29th Street between Broadway and 5th Avenue
* 52nd Street between 6th Avenue and Park Avenue
* 53rd Street between 6th Avenue and Madison Avenue
* Fifth Avenue from 26th Street to 52nd Street, the parade route, will also be closed.
The festival will be on 53rd Street between 6th Avenue and Madison Avenue.